- It uses the database to store quotes, not a text file.
- It has a spiffy administrative interface (screenshot).
- You can call up a random quote, or a specific quote in your pages
- New: You can make a page with all your quotes.
- You can turn certain quotes “off,” without actually deleting them
- The quote layouts are done with CSS, so you can stick them anywhere and style them yourself (or follow my instructions below)
- wp_quotes_random();: Displays a random quote, in a div with classes as indicated in the installation instructions
- wp_quotes($id);: Displays a specific quote by quote ID. Useful if you want to embed a quote in a page, maybe?
- <!--wp_quotes_page-->: Putting this in any post or page entry will spew the entire list of quotes in your database